Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bruised Toe and Chatting

Well yesterday I stubbed my toe and now it is black and blue and sore and looks rather pathetic. I have never stubbed my toe so hard that it became discolored. It is not so that I am incapacitated, but just enough to make me whine "my toe hurts" in that pathetic, poor me kind of voice. I worked in Plattsburg this evening so John fixed dinner, frozen Red Baron thin crust pizza. John can be so picky about certain things, but he will eat a frozen pizza and be happy about it. The girls in Plattsburg and I chatted. John believes it is good for me to have "chat time" with the Plattsburg ladies. Once a month my friend Carol comes up for a massage and then we go to lunch and again I have "chat time". Do guys need chat time with each other. Do they miss their guy friends if they don't see them for a while? I think friendships are important and I think John is right I need my "chat time" fix.

3 comments:

Beth Anne said...

Auntie M, I hope your toe starts to feel better soon. It's no fun have a sore foot, I know. I think it's very important for men to have their "guy time" also. I often encourage Peter to spend time with his friends. I have "chat time" at work with the ladies I work with. It's one of the main reasons I enjoy my job. There are also reason to hate it but we won't go into that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie Cramer said...

Sorry about your toe, Margaret. When I was in high school, I stubbed my toe on a door. Then, my toe nail fell off at swim practice. And it's never been the same since ... it's pretty scary looking.